Anyone who has had anything to do with websites knows that they are much like airports, constantly under construction. We have four terminals, as it were, and it is a constant effort to ensure that the environmental information we post here, and on our three grade-specific websites (boxes, bags, and cartons), is accurate, concise, and current. We do try!
Readers want information in an easily digestible format. So we have boosted our factsheets section from 15 to forty four. By dividing it into six general subject areas, we hope it’s easier to find what you are looking for:
- Packaging 101 (where you can get the basics)
- Where does paper packaging come from? (information on the renewable resource, and all about trees)
- What’s paper packaging made from? (recycled pulp mostly, mostly 100% recycled content, in many cases, from renewable energy)
- How is paper packaging made? (what a mill does, what a converter or box plant does)
- The 3Rs, Reduction, Reuse and Recycling (what’s being done to reduce, reuse, recycle and compost paper packaging), and a final section on
- Statistics, Sources and Analysis.
If there’s an area we are not covering, please let us know and we’ll see what we can do about it.